Who’d a thunk it? Who would have predicted six months ago that Donald Trump would be ahead in all of the Republican polls? Not me! Welcome to the 2016 I Told You So Contest. This is your opportunity to have your genius fully appreciated as you attempt to predict 2016 before it happens. There is no cost to enter and the contest is open to anyone. Please feel free to share this with all of the usual suspects – political pundits, market timers, and general know-it-alls (we know who we are).
Though the contest is for fun, there are prizes.
1st Prize – $50 Gift Card to Shuhei or the restaurant of your choice
2nd Prize – Lunch with me
All entries must be submitted to me by January 4, 2016. The winner will be determined by the number of correct predictions. In lieu of exactly correct answers, the closest to the correct answer will be given credit. The decision of the judge (me) will be final. The second tie breaker is a coin toss.
Don’t be intimidated. No one will get them all right.
- The Republican nominee will be ___________________________________.
- The winner of the 2016 Presidential election will be _____________________.
- The winner of the 2016 Ohio Senate race will be ________________________.
- The winner of the February 7, 2016 Super Bowl will be ___________________.
- The Cleveland Indians will win _____ regular season games.
- The 2016 Cleveland Browns will win _______ regular season games.
- The 2016 Academy Award for best picture will go to ______________________.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average will close on December 30, 2016 at ________.
- There will be ____ justices on the US Supreme Court on December 31, 2016.
- A gallon of milk will be $____ at Giant Eagle, Legacy village on June 30, 2016.
The picture at the top of this post is of the Introduction to Sweet Jane, signed by Steve Hunter. You can see mine at the office or get your own here. What does Jack do for a living? ________________________.
Have a Happy New Year,