It is time to award the prizes. Last December I posted the Everyone’s a Genius in Hindsight contest. As usual, some of the loudest know-it-alls decided to forego the opportunity to prove their skills at predicting the future. Fifteen of you did choose to take a chance at achieving Prognostication Nirvana.
There was no cost to enter, but there were prizes.
1st Prize – $50 Gift Card to Shuhei or the restaurant of your choice
2nd Prize – Lunch with me
Here are the ten questions with the correct answers. My answer follows in (red).
- The Republican nominee will be Mitt Romney. (Mitt Romney)
- The winner of the 2012 Presidential election will be Barack Obama. (Barack Obama)
- The winner of the 2012 Ohio Senate race will be Sherrod Brown. (Sherrod Brown)
- The winner of the February 5, 2012 Super Bowl will be the New York Giants. (Green Bay Packers)
- The Cleveland Indians will win 68 (88) regular season games.
- The 2012 Cleveland Browns will win 5 (6) regular season games.
- The 2012 Academy Award for best picture will go to The Artist (The Descendants).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average will close on December 28, 2012 at 12938 (12850).
- There will be 9 (9) justices of the US Supreme Court on December 31, 2012.
- A gallon of milk will be $2.99 (3.29) at Giant Eagle, Legacy village on June 30, 2012.
Three of us had five correct answers. Sally and I can’t win. So this year’s genius in hindsight is Michael Saltzman. Michael has chosen to receive a gift card from the Cedar Creek Grille in Beachwood. Five people had four correct answers. Through a complicated series of tie-breakers, Second Place goes to Tony Ramos.
I would like to thank everyone who participated. The 2014 mid-term elections may prove to be interesting. I will host another contest next year